First of all, that word just looks all wrong. I felt dirty typing it! I was never great at spelling, because when I was a wee-tyke they taught us how to spell phonetically instead of the real way (“goat” was “got” with a line over the o for instance), and it really confused my brain to spelling. It’s really frustrating actually. I know I’m terrible at spelling, but even I know there’s nothing right about that word! Anyway, I digress.
I guess this next point should have been my “first of all”, but I’m not going to delete all that I wrote above, so I’m just going to keep rolling on. So I will go with this – A. I’d like to thank ScribblingHermit for passing this award to me!
1. Share 10 things you don’t know about me.
2. Pass the award onto 6 other bloggers.
These rules about sharing things you don’t know about me are always hard. I maintain that I’m probably the most boring person on Earth, not a whole lot happens to me….but I’ll give it a go!
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I have temporal lobe epilepsy. I think. The doctors haven’t really diagnosed me with this because I can’t pay the thousands of dollars needed for proper testing. I did get a free CAT scan just to make sure I didn’t have brain cancer – thank God I didn’t. But anyway, this has been affecting me since I was a teenager, and I have seen a neurologist who says in his professional opinion this is what I have, he just can’t write it down on paper without me actually going through the series of testing, which involves putting leads up my nose to get a clearer image of my brain. Anyway, it’s really weird when I have an “episode” as I call them. I get this feeling of deja vu and start staring off into nothingness. It’s hard for me to talk, and when I do it comes out in gibberish. It’s really hard to think when it happens. There have even been times during an episode that I couldn’t remember my husband’s name – which is not the most comforting feeling in the world. I don’t get these episodes all the time, thankfully. I haven’t had one in almost 2 years now.
2. I wish I was better at math and science, so I could be an astronomer. I took an advanced astronomy class in college and it was really amazing, and really hard.
3. I have never done drugs – not even pot. I’m too paranoid because there is substance abuse hitting me from both sides of my family. I even ask doctors not to prescribe me things people accidentally get addicted to. You hear so many stories of people having a bad accident then getting addicted to their pain-killers. I’m so scared of that happening!
4. I’m not ready for kids yet, but I will be 28 in a little over 2 months and I’m starting to get scared about my “clock ticking out” – even though my mom had my sister Becca when she was 43.
5. I went to college for film editing – someday that will happen!
6. The first concert I ever went to was Hanson. I was 13. I called my dad begging him to take me so intensely that I was crying. I still love Hanson. My favorite bands are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Green Day, Marilyn Manson, and of course my cousin Tune-Yards (Who will be on Jimmy Kimmel Thursday January 5th. Watch it. Love it.)
7. I cuss like a sailor.
8. I believe in ghosts, aliens, possessions… anything that could possibly keep you up at night with a flashlight in hand.
9. I can build computers. I never had formal training at it, just some emailed instructions from my friend and a lot of tinkering out things myself.
10. I’m terrified of balloons. I think Roy from the show The IT Crowd said it best, “Balloons explode, Jen. They explode suddenly, and unexpectedly. They are filled with the capacity to give me a little fright, and I find that unbearable.” I too find it unbearable.
And The Award Goes To:
(In no particular order)
Check them out!