I’m playing a friendly game of tag, having “tagged” myself over at Neeks blog.
1. You must post the rules. (duh? hehe sorry I’m 12 years old not almost 28, I swear!)
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Neeks came up with:
1) Lefty or Righty? Righty
2) The happiest time of your life is/was: Oh this is a hard one to answer. There have been several happy moments. When my husband and I first started dating was happy, though life was a little chaotic then. When I got married was a happy moment, but that time in my life was a very sad one. (Not because of the wedding…though my husband might equate that with his sadness hehe) Seeing Muse was happy. Seeing the Red Hot Chilli Peppers was happy. Seeing them again was happy. Seeing Hanson when I was 13 and begging so much to see them until I was crying was happy…. happy moments. But the happiest time of my life? I don’t know if that has happened. Just having this question asked made me realize that. It’s not like I’m an unhappy person, quite the opposite. But I can’t think of THE BIG MOMENT where I feel that nothing in life could be happier than that. Is that bad?
3) What is your earliest memory? Oh I know this one. I had to have been around 2 years old. I know this because my parents were still married. I had a stuffed Snuggle bear, and I had some gum. Well, being polite like I was always taught, I shared some of my gum with Snuggle bear, which of course cause his mouth to stick together. My parents got upset with me. Harumph, I was just sharing!
4) Most embarrassing moment (that you’ll admit to): Well, that would probably be this one time in the 8th grade during lunch, my friend asked a boy at the next table over to explain what .. um.. (kids cover your eyes) … masturbation was. I thought I’d rather die than sit at that table any longer.
5) What makes you laugh out loud? Literally just about anything. I can sit here and make a funny noise and crack up for 10 minutes. I can look at myself funny in a mirror and be rolling. Ellen DeGeneres too. She makes me laugh so much. And cry when she’s being super nice to people.
6) Name one thing you would like to “fix” for all of mankind, be it a collective thought or gift to give: Well, I’d sure like for us to get over this whole war thing. If there was anyway to fix that I’d be all about it.
7) Evolution or Creation? Can I say both? I understand scientifically how things probably worked out with this whole life business, but I’m also a Christian (not a pushy bible thumper kind, yes I will accept other thoughts and ideas as possibilities) so yeah… both. Final answer.
8) Do you remember any of your high school teachers – who and why? Oh yes. This year is my 10 year high school reunion. No I am not going. I had several wonderful teachers. I went to church with our Political Science teacher, where he was really quiet and laid back. In the classroom though, everyone feared him. You could hear him yelling and screaming up and down the entire English/History wing of the high school. I spent my entire Freshman and Sophomore year fearing this class. But once I got in there I realized if you sit up in your chair, keep your mouth shut and pay attention, he was one of the greatest teachers out there! He was fired up about what is probably a boring topic for most people. He made me learn things, and appreciate American history more (a topic I now love!) The first day of class I quietly shuffled my way to the back of the room like I always did. He grabbed a pile of text books from his desk and started slinging them all across the room, throwing each book at us until the whole class had their text-book. I thought I’d rather drop out of high school than complete that class! Boy was I wrong.
My senior year I took my very first AP (advanced placement) class – AP English 4, who was taught by one of the best teachers ever! He knew how to teach with a sense of humor. He knew our personalities. He knew I’d rather transfer schools than give a presentation. One day he caught me literally on the floor rolling with laughter and didn’t even question me… yeah he knew me well! I often think about him, how he’s doing and if these new snot nosed teenagers know how awesome my class of snot nosed teenagers knew he was.
Wow Ok I officially just rambled about high school way too long.
9) Who is your hero and why? I’d say I have several, honestly.
Ellen DeGeneres – She is funny AND amazingly nice to people. She helps so many people when they are down, and she does it with class. Plus, she’s not one to let people get her down, and I have to respect that.
My papaw – He came from such a tumultuous childhood, and at the age of 8 knew that wasn’t the life he wanted. He left home to live with his grandparents, and from there grew up to not only be a brilliant teacher, but also the mayor of my home town for 12 years. I miss him so much!
JK Rowling – Depressed single mother on welfare to billionaire rock star of an author. Not only does she make women awesome, she makes reading and writing awesome and those are two of my favorite things! Not to mention an incredible rags to riches story.
10) Can we make a “Better” tomorrow? How would you contribute? Honestly, I don’t know. Can we? It seems pretty hopeless and I don’t know if there is anything I can personally do. I just go about my days being nice and friendly and helpful in anyway that I can, and hope it’s good enough.
11) Inn-ie or Out-ie? Inn-ie. Also, my husband is afraid of out-ies for some reason.
Now, my questions for you:
1. What is the one thing you would do if there were no physical or monetary limitations, be it with someone dead or alive?
2. If there was no space-time continuum to worry about, what would you go into the past to change?
3. Who would you cast in the movie of your own life?
4. If you could force one famous person into retirement, who would it be?
5. Just what is the secret to the universe?
6. If you could be one other person for a day, who would it be?
7. You are forced to move into one literary setting (like Narnia.. or uh, the house on Paper St. that Fight Club took place in) – you have to leave your friends, family, home, etc. but you have your choice of literary setting to move into … what would it be?
8. If there was no danger in it, what one planet in our solar system would you travel to?
9. You can have any one celebrity fight any one animal, which would it be?
10. Just what book would you take with you on a stranded island.
11. Which horror movie villain would you most like to share a banana split with?
And I like Neeks method of tagging folks, first 11 who comment can consider yourselves tagged 🙂 Come out come out wherever you are! Come out come out and play!